Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Circle Trilogy: Black, Red and White by Ted Dekker



I finished Black this weekend and started Red immediately. I really wasn't going to read these, the back covers didn't sound like anything I would have liked, a bit of a fantasy genre. But a student, Andrew, lent me his collection so I could have all three and not have to wait on the library copies.
It is a story that spans two realities with one common thread, Thomas Hunter. In both worlds/realities and he's trying to save the world, but each reality depends on what happens in the other reality. I know it sounds confusing - but it is very well written, and I haven't got lost or confused by the switching of realities, it is done in Thomas' dreams. I give it 5 out of 5 stars!!
Another student ruined the trilogy by telling me the ending of White, but it hasn't prevented me from wanting to know how everything turns out! I am curious how the last book, Green, will tie into the "trilogy."

No comments: